FarmTek’s New Products for Fall 2014
As August rolls on and the summer begins to come to an end, it’s hard not to feel the pangs of melancholy. While children get ready to go back to school and you slowly begin to winterize your farm or outdoor garden, you can at least get excited over the new products you’ll find in our Fall catalog. We’ve got some exciting and innovative new growing systems, energy-efficient LED lighting, an interesting new light deprivation product and more. It’s certainly enough to help you forget summer’s impending end, so let’s not waste any more time.
New Growing Systems
Here at FarmTek, we are constantly designing new growing systems and improving on past ones. We’re especially excited about the new systems we’re rolling out this month. We are extremely proud to introduce our first ever line of Vertical Aeroponic Systems, and our new GT80 TSW NFT System is also sure to excite growers of all sizes, from hobby to commercial. The Aeroponic Systems deliver a nutrient-rich mist to the root masses and provides plenty of oxygen to the roots, potentially leading to faster growth. Due to their vertical design, these systems are great for those looking to grow in tight spaces. In fact, you can grow up to 220 plants in less than 23 square feet! We offer a few different aeroponic systems:
- Grow-Tek 4’8” Vertical Micro Aeroponic System – Uses a single 4’8” high tube that is mounted on a 20-gallon nutrient reservoir. This system has 24 grow sites, and is approximately 20” wide by 26” long by 73” high.
- Grow-Tek 4’8” Vertical Mini Aeroponic System– Uses five vertical grow tubes that stand 4’8” high which are mounted on a 100-gallon nutrient reservoir tank. The system has a total of 120 plant sites and a foot print that is approximately 29.5” wide by 96” long by 75” high.
- Grow–Tek 8’ Vertical Aeroponic Hobby System – Uses a single 8’ high grow tube that is mounted on a 20-gallon nutrient reservoir tank. This system has a total of 44 grow sites, and has a footprint of 28” wide by 39” long by 124” high.
- Grow–Tek 8’ Vertical Aeroponic System – Uses five vertical grow tubes that stand 8’ high, mounted on a 100-gallon reservoir tank. This system has an incredible 220 plants sites total, while only having a footprint of approximately 29.5” wide by 96” long by 115” high.
Our GT80 TSW NFT System is ideal for those looking to grow plants with large root masses. This system uses eight 20’ long GT80 TSW channels that have tall side walls, which allows for a larger root mat to develop so that the roots get plenty of oxygen. The system requires minimal grow media, and since it is a closed loop re-circulating system it helps to conserve water and nutrients. It stands about 17’ wide by 41’ long, but if you’re looking for a larger system, custom sizes are available.
Energy-Efficient LED Lighting
The Fall catalog will also feature a number of new LED lights, which can save you up to 80 percent on energy and last up to 50,000 hours. These durable, high-quality lamps are low voltage and free of toxic chemicals, like mercury. They can even reduce your carbon foot print by up to 1/3! Our new LED lights include:
- LED Pizza Lamp – Uses an aluminum fins heat sinks design, and is a great option for warehouses, factories, barns and more. It comes in 80 W, 100 W and 120 W lamps, which can respectively replace 250 W, 400 W and 400 W HID lamps.
- LED Wall Pack – Mounts directly to walls, and is great for building facades, loading areas, garages, barns and more. This 100 W fixture can replace a 300 W to 400 W HID lamp, and has approximately 10,000 lumens.
- Utility Light Fixture and Stubby Lamp – Great for restaurants, shopping centers, offices, storage spaces and more. This easy-to-install fixture comes pre-wired and uses an aluminum fins heat sinks design. It comes in 40 W and 60 W lamps. The 40 W can replace a 150 W HID lamp and the 60 W can replace a 250 W HID lamp.
- Shoe Box Pole Light – This light is ideal for parking lots, and utilizes an aluminum fins heat sinks design to disperse heat and promote a long LED life. This 100 W lamp can replace a 300 W to 400 W HID lamp, and has about 9,000 lumens.
- LED Corn Lamp – Uses an aluminum fins heat sinks design and an active air exchanging cooling system to promote a reliable life. It comes in a 60 W lamp, which can replace a 250 W HID lamp, an 80 W lamp, which can replace a 400 W HID lamp, and a 100 W lamp, which can replace a 400 W HID lamp. The circuit design of the Corn Lamp allows each LED to function separately, which prevents single broke LED influence problems.
For those looking to black out plants without greatly restricting air flow, we now have the perfect solution for you. The Breathable Wall is the premier way to blackout plants of all kinds, while still allowing for nearly 100% air flow. This material is a great way to blackout venting, shutters and exhaust or intake fans, but it is also strong enough to build with. It allows for rooms to be sectioned off, so that the lighting can be changed, while still using the same cooling and ventilation settings. The Breathable Wall is completely customizable, so it can be made to fit your specific application.
These are just a few of the new products we’re particularly excited about, so be sure to keep a look out for them in the Farmtek Fall 2014 catalog.